Good Shepherd is hosting the 2019 Community Christmas Shoppe on Friday night, December 6 and Saturday morning, Dec 7. This is a community joint outreach effort between several area churches: Good Shepherd, Wesley Methodist, Peace Moravian, and Hope Community. Together we provide a place for struggling families to purchase new items. Toys and coats are sold at pennies on the dollar. Christmas dinners, stocking stuffers, and treat bags for children are gifts to the families. Historically, we help about 80-90 families, approximately 225-250 children.
How can you help?
We need donations of…
- New coats, hats, gloves, mittens, all sizes from toddler through adult sizes
- Toys for all ages – infant through teens
- Family board games
- Food for Christmas dinners
- Stocking stuffers
At Good Shepherd leading up to the event, there will be a Christmas tree with paper ornaments in the gathering area outside the sanctuary. Please feel free to take one or more ornaments that show specific items to purchase. There will also be a list of suggested items is in the welcome area. If shopping isn’t your thing, cash donations are welcomed, and others will shop for you. Red and green shopping bags are under the tree with the grocery shopping list attached. All donations need to be returned to the church by Monday, December 1.
We also need…
- Volunteers to help prepare the shop during the week of December 2-6
- Volunteers to work at the shop December 6-7
- Volunteers on Saturday after the Shoppe ends to help clean up and put the sanctuary back in order for worship the next day
Sign up sheets for all these activities will be in the welcome area at church in the weeks leading up to the Shoppe. Please consider volunteering your time and energy helping us bring all this together. Any questions, please use the contact form below or connect with Marty McKenzie at church.